Guglielmo Srl is looking for an R&D Network Engineer to join its R&D team.
- Research and development projects in WiFi and IoT network
- Analysis of customer and technical direction requests and defining appropriate software solutions
- Development of firmware for network devices (APs and gateways)
- Customization of third-party network devices (APs and gateways) through the development of software components based on scripting languages (Python, PHP, Bash)
- Definition and conducting of end-to-end tests of the solutions created
- Deep understanding of the main network protocols
- Deep understanding of at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, PHP, or Bash)
- Ability to independently configure network devices (APs, firewalls, routers)
- Ability to work with open source operating systems, from the point of view of use, configuration, and development
- Good communication, writing, and reading skills in English
- Ability to work within deadlines and priorities, managing one’s own activities independently
- Experience in configuring and managing WiFi networks, with a focus on configuring and managing public access and captive portal WiFi networks
- Experience in configuring and managing hub-and-spoke VPN networks
- In-depth knowledge of at least one programming language (preferably Java)
- Experience in developing with open source operating systems such as OpenWRT and pfSense
- Knowledge of distributed systems and micro-service software architectures.
- +3 years of experience in software development or in the management and configuration of network devices (AP, firewall, router).
- A degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Technical/Computer/Scientific diploma
- A second-level specialization course such as professional paths for software developers.
- Permanent and full time contrac
- Hybrid working with possibility of full remote
- Competitive salary in line with ability
- Possibility of internal growth
- Training programs
- Possibility of creating services used by millions of users for the main Italian brands
Who we are
Guglielmo S.r.l. is a leading European technology provider headquartered in Reggio Emilia, Italy. Thanks to the excellence of the team and the continuous investment in research and development, Guglielmo has achieved in almost 20 years of activity a position of international relevance in the quality of the services provided. Guglielmo works with primary customers in Italy.
Guglielmo S.r.l. was born to create authentication systems for public WiFi networks (LUMEN, Wi-Thing, Sistelo) and over time it has expanded its portfolio by creating applications for managing access to buildings (Space Tuner, Smart Checkin, Smart Event), for determining of people flows indoors and on means of transport (People), anti-loss devices (IcePro). Guglielmo S.r.l. holds shares in external companies for the creation of marketing automation systems (Pointer) and parcel delivery management systems (Smart Locker).
Where we are
The workplace is Taneto di Gattatico (RE), a few kilometers from the Sant’Ilario station
d’Enza and from the Terre di Canossa exit of the A1.